Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sickies



There has been a lot of sickness in our household the past month. Yes, I said month. Somewhere around the 23/24 of January the kiddos and I started coming down with a cold. It was a typical weekish type cold and we then started to feel a little better. It looked like things were clearing up for about a week and then...more. Just more.

I am not sure if all of our colds just took a downward spiral at that point or if we contracted another different cold, but there was a lot more sickness. Tryn got off easy with just a cough and slight sore throat. Berlin had a fever for 4 days, at one point it was up around 105.3 and she still has a fairly icky sounding cough. Kye got a fever too, although not quite as high. And then he had pink eye in both his eyes and his poor eyes were huge pools of draining crustiness for about 4 days. Then he stopped nursing and I had to start pumping and he would only drink a few ounces from a bottle and not eat his solids. And then he started getting up every hour at night. He is also still coughing.

It has been a really, really long month. Kye ended up having a double ear infection and although he has been on antibiotics for 5 days now he is still getting up 5 or 6 times a night, just crying about things. And he is still not eating well.

We had to cancel lots of things this month. It is especially times like these that I feel that it is such a blessing to be able to stay at home with my kids right now. I can't imagine how many days I would have had to take off this month if I had been working somewhere. It is nice to be able to be there for my kids when all they really want more than anything in the world is to sit on my lap. Although, now I feel like me and my lap need some days off from this "job". :)

And then today Steve got a fever and started getting a cold, and the poor man can't take the day off from work - not on a weekend. Not sure why he waited around so long to get his, now that we are almost over this thing.

Blah.

Come on Spring, I know you are just around the corner. Stop teasing us and come out and chase away all of this sickness please!!

Saddest looking sick baby ever! :(

1 comment:

Tia said...

It's so so sad to see little ones sick! We must have got the same thing....sorry if we gave it to you guys! Liam had a double ear infection, Wyatt seemed to have it after everyone else was getting over it then Tyvan seemed to re catch it with awful gunky eyes and terrible cough! He put himself to bed at 6pm a few nights! Wyatt had the gunky eyes and he won't eat either! My midwife told me that they probably just don't want to eat but to make sure they are taking at least a sip of some liquid every 5 mins so they don't get dehydrated. Wyatt would nurse from me, but won't take solids! But after eating he would have one of his coughing fits and throw it all back up...so he really wasn't getting anything! We to were up all night....we should've had a night party since we were both up :) I hope Steve gets better...I have been taking Echinacea, it helps your immune system...hoping I don't get it! :)