Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby B!!

Dear little Berlin,

My beautiful, precious, perfect baby! You are one year old today! Happy birthday! It was fun to wake up with you this morning. You are such a happy joyful person. Wow! I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. I have been thinking of your birth a lot the past few weeks, such a crazy time that it was. I still can’t believe that you were born in the backseat of the car! It makes me smile every time I think about it. I have thought often of how eager you seemed to want to be in this world. I got pregnant with you just two weeks after your daddy and I decided that we wanted to have another baby and then you just popped into this world on the way to the hospital! It just fits you though. You are can be very focused, serious, and determined when you set your mind to something. I think this is why you started walking when you were only 10 months old (which, by the way, is so adorable! I think you are the littlest person I have ever seen walking around.) You are also very happy and content, a lot of the time you like to just play by yourself and do your own thing.

You have started communicating a ton recently, which also points to your determination. I have not had much time lately to spend on words with you, but you surprise me almost every day by learning a new word or sign. In fact, you learned your first sign ever all on your own; I didn’t even teach it to you! It was “baby” and you totally love babies, especially kissing them.

I was also very surprised to learn last week that you already have a favorite song! And, of course, it is not something simple like Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star or anything simple, it is Just Dance by Lady Gaga…yes, this is true. Whenever this song comes on you clap your hands, laugh, and start dancing. Which, I have to mention, it is so cute to see how much you LOVE to dance. Your daddy and I love to turn on music that we know you love just because we love to see you dance, you are so adorable.

I love you so much that sometimes there is a literal ache in the pit of my stomach. I want to just pick you up and hold on to you with all my might and never let you go! It is overwhelming how intensely I love you. You are one of the joys of my life. I can’t wait to see who you become and what you choose to do in life. I am sad that you are growing, my little baby, but I am so excited about who you are growing into. Your daddy and I can’t seem to get enough of you lately. Sometimes we just sit around and watch you play so we can get our “Berlin-is-being-so-cute” fix. Your daddy and I are blessed to have you in our lives, we are so thankful that we get to be your parents.

I love you with all my heart.

Mama

P.S. I have always secretly loved that you are a mommy’s girl. It is great to always have you be so happy to see me, I feel the same way about seeing you! It is great to come home to you at the end of the day.

No comments: