Sunday, January 3, 2010

Car Conversations

Two blogs in one day!! I just have to write down this hilarious conversation before I forget. One might wonder what it is like to take a 15 minute drive in the car with a 3 1/2 year old and an almost 2 year old...let me tell you. This is what we talked about on the way home from church tonight:

Tryn: Mom, I need a drink.

Me: Babe, I don't have a drink.

Tryn: Mom, I really need a drink.

Me: Tryn, I don't have a drink stop asking.

Tryn: Mom, do you have a drink?

Me: Tryn, stop asking me for a drink. I don't have a drink. You can have a drink when we get home.

Tryn: Mom, let's talk for a minute.

Me: What?

Tryn: Let's talk for a minute, okay? I need to go to work tomorrow and Tuesday and Thursday and then I will be home for 2 seconds and then I have to go back to work, okay?

Me: What do you do at work?

Tryn: I sing songs. I sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Jingle Bells and Sonshine and Israel (O Come, O Come Emmanuel) and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and I sing songs. [Since Steve sings once a week at work Tryn thinks that's what we do when we go to work, we sing songs.]

Me: Really? And do you like work?

Tryn: Yeah, I like work, I like to sing songs...Okay, Berlin, you talk to mom.

Berlin: I work too!

Me: Really? What do you do at work?

Berlin: I'm playing!

Me: Wow, I wish I could play at work.

Tryn: Yeah, mom, I have to go to work and then we need to talk about naughty stuff.

Me: What?! What kind of naughty stuff do we need to talk about?

Tryn: Oh, like whining and stuff. And not listening to our parents and being good girls.

And then we got home and I took Berlin out of the car and ripped a hole in my favorite sweater dress of hers when it got snagged on the carseat. That is my ride home from church. The end.

2 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

LOL!! Your girls and my girls would get along well. The things that come out of their mouths never cease to amaze me.

Kristina said...

HAhaha! the minds of little children are priceless