Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cure for the Common Cold?

Check this out. Sunday afternoon I started sneezing. It feels like I sneezed 800 times, probably only 50, but it felt like it was every five minutes. Monday morning I woke up with a sore throat, my chest felt tight and congested, and my nose was stuffy. Tuesday I had all those symptoms along with achy-ness and felt so tired that I thought I was going to fall asleep sitting up. Today, Wednesday, I feel pretty much back to normal. So, either that's the shortest cold ever OR I found a cure!! (Seriously. I am not getting paid to say this:) )



As soon as I could tell that I was getting a cold and sneezing on Sunday I started taking Zicam every three hours (as directed by the bottle). Today my cold is basically gone. Cure.

I had a similar experience last spring when I started getting a cold. I took Zicam and my cold was gone in a matter of days. At the time I thought it might be a fluke and I just got over that cold way fast. However, this time I am sure that this stuff works. You have to try it! The crazy thing is that it seems to "mute" symptoms. Yesterday, when it was getting close to the end of the three hours/time to take another Zicam I would start feeling really crappy. More achy, more sore throat, etc. As soon as I would take the pill I would start feeling better, like it was masking my symptoms.

I feel like a silly infommercial here, but, guys, seriously, this stuff works. I am fully convinced that I would have a massive cold still today if I hadn't started taking Zicam at the onset of my symptoms on Sunday. Just passing on the experience since "the cold" seems to be going around right now :)

3 comments:

Kasia said...

Can you take it if you're still nursing?

Erin Bennett said...

My mom swears by it! I haven't had a bad enough cold since Leah was born (and I couldn't take it while pregnant), so I haven't used it in a while. Glad it worked for you!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if you can take it while nursing :/ I would check with a dr. about that...

Heidi