Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Berlin

Birth Day

First Birthday

Second Birthday


Berlin,

I can't believe it has been two years already since you were born!! A lot of the times it feels like you are still our baby, but you are getting to be such a big girl! I think Daddy especially still feels like you are a baby, he is the one most often saying, "She's just a baby!" But you aren't anymore.

Before you were born I worried about having baby that wouldn't stand a chance against her older sister. I worried that you wouldn't be as cute, or as smart. I definitely did not have to be worried. You are, as your Daddy said the other day, "Absolutely delightful." You are the very best definition of cute right now.

Let's see, what are you right now? You are a little girl who loves fruit and could eat fruit and only fruit for every meal. You are a girl with opinions and determination. You like to do your own thing, but you seem a little lost when Tryn is not around to play with you. You love to be able to do everything that Tryn does - hence learning how to put your clothes on and take them off right now because that is what Tryn is learning how to do. You can put your shoes, your coat, and your pj's on all by yourself. And you can definitely strip down to nothing if you want to! You love books, princesses, blocks, your Teddy, and coloring.

You bring so much joy to our lives, Berlin. Daddy and I often share a laugh or a smile over something that you do. Even sometimes when you are being naughty. The other day Daddy was trying to get you to eat your dinner and the look and the roll of your eyes that you gave him was priceless. We had to hide our laughter from you. The way you talk right now is just perfect and adorable and so very cute. Perfectly adorable.

We love you so much and we are so glad to have your in our lives. We can't imagine life without you. Even Tryn, who sometimes might feel like your greatest enemy, loves you immensely and is also lost when you are not around. I can't even tell you how much I love you. How thankful I am to have you.

Mommy


Two years ago Steve and I were so happy to welcome baby Berlin into our lives...in the backseat of our car. If are are interested in the whole story you can find it in a February posting on my blog from last year.

1 comment:

The Stephens said...

I mean it when I say--you're an inspiration.