Saturday, July 28, 2012

Big Day

This last Thursday was a big day in our household.

First of all, I have been putting off cutting Kye's hair for quite awhile now. I always said that I was never going to let his hair get too long, you know, like those little kids you see and you're not sure if it's a boy or girl even if you're pretty sure it's a boy? Yeah, definitely going to avoid that. However, I was also really not excited about spending $25 for a haircut for a baby...so I finally got brave enough to cut it myself. I figured if I totally mess up I could just shave it all off. :)

I didn't have to shave it, but it took me three different tries. He was not excited about any part of it, but I just kept chasing him around until I got it all. It's also not perfect, but it's fine for now. And he looks like a totally different baby, like a real boy!

Before:

After:


Then. Then, my little baby girl Trynica lost her first tooth. This was a big deal for both of us. Tryn has been wanting to lose a tooth all year, ever since the beginning of kindergarten and realizing that her friends were starting to lose teeth. At least once a week Tryn would come up and ask me to feel her teeth to see if they were loose. Finally, one started to get loose. Then another. And it was actually the second one that fell out first.

It was a big deal for me because I was pretty darn sure that I would never ever pull out one of my kids teeth. Ever. The only nightmares I ever have, that I've had as long as I can remember, are about my teeth falling out. Or crumbling in my mouth and turning to dust. I had a really hard time losing my teeth as a kid, I never liked it.

During the last week, when the tooth was getting really loose I actually had a hard time wiggling it because it would make me feel nauseous. Steve tried pulling it out on Wednesday night and I couldn't even watch.

Thursday night, of course, Steve was gone and Tryn was pretty determined to lose a tooth. She sat at the dining room table for 20 minutes after she got ready for bed just pulling on her tooth. She got it so loose that it was only holding on a little bit on one side and I was afraid that if she went to bed with it that loose that she might swallow it during the night. So I pulled it out. You probably don't understand what a big deal this was for me, but I would say it was equally as big of a deal for me as it was for Tryn. And it was a big deal for Tryn. Check it out:

4 comments:

Kayla said...

The video was way too precious! I even felt like crying! lol!

Sara said...

Way too adorable.

Unknown said...

OH how cute, she reminds me of a Miss America, winner or something but 10x cuter!!

Tia said...

I can't believe how much older Kye looks! Every time my boys get a hair cut I feel like they look so much older...kinda sad! :)
Oh Tryn....how fun to loose your tooth! She is so so cute! Remember when those suckers came in? Now they have so much joy in pulling them out! haha! :)