Thursday, September 23, 2010

Berli Love

While Steve and I were gone in Seattle the girls spent the weekend with their Aunt Kristy and their Grandma up in Brainerd. I know the girls had a fabulous time, they told me so themselves. Berlin, however, apparently doesn't like to be away from me.

Grandma told me that Berlin kept wetting her pull-up, even though she was being very purposeful about asking Berlin if she needed to go potty. When she asked Berlin why she kept going potty in her pull-up Berlin said, "Because I want my mommy to come home."

Even though the kid have been home for a couple of days now, Berlin is still pretty emotional about the fact that we were gone. Last night she kept asking me, "Up! Up! Up!" I was trying to get dinner ready and then bake a pie, so I finally said to Berlin, "Berli, why do you keep wanting mommy to pick you up?" and she told me, "Because I like you." Well...okay then :)

This morning she came and snuggled in bed with me and put her face right next to mine and put her little arm around my neck. Then when I was kissing her goodbye she wrapped her arms around my neck as tight as she could and told me, "I don't want you to go to work," in a sad little voice.

Break my heart.

I feel very loved this week.

No comments: