Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Sight from Seattle

Steve and I just got back from a quick weekend trip to Seattle. I think Seattle and the upper-Northwest-corner-of-Washington area is one of the most beautiful places I have been to in the United States. I have so many pictures...

However, as I am trying to weed through the 685 pictures we took over our four day weekend, I came across these and I just can't wait to show you. Steve and I like to explore, and we found something that I still can't believe that I saw. This:

Yes, if you are thinking that this looks like a wall of gum, you are completely right.

In a little alley way right next to the entrance to Pike's Place Market there is this wall of gum. Actually, two walls. It's all over the walls on both sides of the alley/little street. Since I don't really chew gum all that much and definitely didn't have any with me, I pretended that I was sticking a piece of gum on the wall.

Then I freaked out because I almost touched it. EW!!

I guess it started back in the 1990's, people would stick their gum to the wall while waiting in line for ticket sales or to get into a nearby theater. And it just grew and grew. So random. People have even written their names, in gum, on the wall. I though it was kind of stinky - and not in a fresh minty sort of way.

No comments: