Thursday, September 30, 2010

Play by Play

This is what is happening in my house right now:

The girls disappear into their room for 5 minutes.

Tryn comes out and asks me: "Mom, can you help me put this on?" A Tinkerbell dress and some fairy wings.

Tryn disappears back into her room for another 5 minutes. The girls emerge, Tryn in her dress, wings, with princess slippers, and wearing a crown and necklace. Berlin runs into the living room ahead of her and moves some toys out of the way.

"Here is the ball," Berlin announces to Tryn and sweeps her arm towards the floor.

"Oh, what a lovely ball!" Tryn tells Berlin. "Can you dance with me?"

"No, I have to drive to the ball," and Berlin gets on her bike and pedals away.

Mumbling, Tryn acts out the scene where Cinderella walks into the ballroom. (Apparently, Tinkerbell can also fill in as Cinderella.) Berlin drives back up.

"Okay, we need to dance," Berlin tells Tryn.

"Okay, Prince," they hold hands and start swaying around the living room. Berlin is humming a song.

Suddenly, Tryn gets dramatic and starts running in circles around the living room.

"Oh, oh, oh, I am changing, I am changing!" and she falls to the ground.

Berlin approaches.

"I am sorry I took so long," Trynica tells Berlin, "I was having such a wonderful time."

Tryn turns to me, "Mom? Can you help me get this dress off?" This is the first time I have interacted in this scene.

After I help take the dress off the girls run to their room...

...and disappear for another 5 minutes. Can't wait to find out what happens when they come back out. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So...? What happen?

Unknown said...

More princess make believe! :)