I have a favorite cookie right now, although it's not really that much like a cookie - more like puppy chow. It's so yum though. And easy. And since I haven't posted a recipe in awhile, and since I think you should try these, and since I have made these 5 or 6 times since the beginning of December...here ya' go!
You need (and this is all approximate, not necessary to have exact amounts of anything):
* About half a box or 9ish cups of Corn Flakes
* 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Coconut. Depends on how much you like Coconut. I like it a lot so when I made these yesterday I added a whole cup, but I think the original recipe says 1/2. Also, do yourself a favor and don't look at the nutritional facts on the Coconut. I figured it wasn't that bad because it's fruit...just do yourself a favor and don't look. You won't regret not knowing.
* Mix these two ingredients together in a big bowl.
* Dump approximately 1 bag or three cups of chocolate chips (3 cups is a little more than 1 bag, so I usually just do one bag) in a smaller bowl. Dark or semi-sweet are the best. Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup peanut butter, depends on how much you like peanut butter. I add a whole cup :)
* Melt this in the microwave.
* Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal mixture. Mix together and take a taste. I mean, probably take at least 3 or 4 tastes, just to make sure it's good.
* Drop by large, and I mean large, spoonfuls onto wax paper. If I use smaller spoons I usually do two globs per cookie. Then stick in the fridge.
* Once they get firm enough, put them into a large Ziploc bag and stick them in the freezer. They are best stored in the freezer, otherwise the chocolate/pb mixture never really gets hard enough.
* I affectionately call these Freezer Cookies, which sounds very unromantic and not very delicious, but I promise you that you will not regret making these cookies. Unless you eat the whole batch in one day...then you might regret it.