Friday, June 15, 2012

Tryn's 6th Birthday

I know, I know, Kye's birthday was this last week and so it makes sense that you would think that there is a typo in the title of this post. However, there is not. I figured I might as well finish Tryn's birthday posts before I move on to the little man child celebrations.

As I mentioned in my previous post, this year was the first year of Tryn's life that we have not had a party for her birthday. It was a hard decision, but ultimately Steve and I decided that we would probably enjoy Tryn's birthday and be able to enjoy Tryn more on her birthday if we were not stressed out with the details of a party. For us it was a great decision. Tryn had to mentally adjust what "birthday" was to her because it has always meant party, but I think she had fun.

Also, because we weren't have a party I decided to just make a cake. Thank goodness that Tryn actually asked for a heart shaped cake because that is one of the only shapes of cake I already know how to make - whew!

 And of course now Tryn can read her own birthday cards! 




She went to school in the morning and brought a snack for all her school friends (she was SUPER excited to have her birthday at school) and after lunch, presents, and cake we went to the beach for the first time this year. Our whole family loves the beach! 


 Steve and Rollie spent a good 45 minutes working on a sand castle and trying to keep the kids from accidentally demolishing it while they "helped" the boys work on it. 


Kyeson had his first ever beach experience and thought it was the greatest thing ever. He loves his bath times and I think he thought it was like being in a big huge bathtub. :) For the first 20 minutes we were at the beach all he did is sit in this shallow water and splash as hard as he could. It was awesome. 


It was a really, really, really good day. I could get really into this whole no party thing. Happy Birthday sweet Trynie!! I love you so much!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my word! The third picture down is so beautiful! She is so sweet!

Unknown said...

My favorite picture is the one of Steve and Rollie fist-bumping. Classic. :)

Kristina said...

She is so gorgeous. Happy Birthday Trynie!!! Can't believe you're SIX already...