Friday, December 2, 2011

Update...

I can't believe it's December.

I can't believe it's 23 days left until Christmas.

I have a lot of things to do.

I always have a lot of things to do these days. Who knew owning a house was so much work? ;) Haha! I know the answer: Everyone who owns one!! I am actually not minding the work at all. 1, it keeps me busy. 2, I love doing creative things like transforming a whole room. I recently discovered Pinterest and have a whole new world of DIY (do it yourself) projects to tempt me. There is something so satisfying in making something, when the other option is buying something that I don't like quite as much or I just plain can't afford. I'm having a ton of fun owning our first home. I will post some pictures soon. I promise. I keep meaning to all the time...but I have a lot of things to do.

Kye is growing like crazy and is going to be popping his first tooth any day. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was here by the end of the weekend. He is handling teething much better than both of his sisters did, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be held pretty much all the time right now. If we are holding him he is pretty happy and snugly though, which is nice.

Kye also had his first taste of rice cereal today and he LOVED it. He ate it like a champ. No gagging or choking, just ate it like he as been eating food all along. I only made about 1 tbls of the cereal and he got just mad when it was all gone, so I had to make him more. Why is he growing so fast?! He is 6 months next weekend - a whole half year old. Crazy.

Tryn loves school as much as ever. I'm so glad, after all her excitement for school to start that she didn't end up hating it. She really, really, really loves it and even wishes that she could go on the weekend days too. She's always bummed that she has to have two whole days off from school every week. :) She has some friends at school that she talks about all the time - it's so cute! One of her best friends is Lauren, who she sits by on the bus everyday but doesn't get to sit by in class. One day I asked her what Lauren looked like and she said, "Well...she has really pretty curly hair...she has lips that are bigger than mine...she has brown eyes...she has a pretty coat...hm. Oh, and her skin is darker than mine." I'm so proud of her for so many reasons.

Berlin. I would say that Berlin is as bright and bouncy as ever and is still a party waiting for people :) We finally finished painting the girls room and setting it up and now one of Berlin's favorite things to do is go in her room, shut the door, turn on a cd of Disney songs, and sing at the top of her lungs. She has a great ear for a 3 year old too! She has recently transitioned to Pull-Up-less nights and is doing great. She probably could have done it quite some time ago, but I was too nervous to try and do it while we were packing up and moving over the summer and before that didn't want to deal with it in our lack of laundry room area in our other house in case it didn't go well. So far so good - I think we can be done buying Pull-Ups for the next couple of years!

Oh, and I am allergic to my Christmas tree. Really allergic. Like I decorated the tree and made a wreath on Sunday and have had large red extremely itchy bumps and welts all over my forearms and one of my eyelids is bright pink. I look diseased. I promise I'm not.

That's all for now :)

No comments: