Saturday, August 29, 2009

Recipe

I am home alone on a Saturday morning for the first time I can remember since Tryn was born. There have been a few times that I have been "alone" without the kids, but Steve has always been with me. Today the kids are with Grandma and Steve is in Brainerd and I am alone. I hardly know what to do with myself. I do finally have time to put out the recipe that I promised a few days ago though, so here goes!!



Stuffed Peppers

3 red or yellow peppers (or orange, I used red and orange)
1 tbls olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
50 g (1 3/4 oz) butter (I have no idea how much this actually is, this is a European cookbook. I just used like 1 tbls)
2 1/4 cups breadcrumbs
1 egg
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (since I forgot to put these in until the end I left the skin on, I don't think it really mattered. I did take the seeds out though.)
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
2 tbls chpped basil (just realizing I totally forgot to put this in too, and they still tasted awesome!:)
3 tbls extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut peppers in half, removes seeds, and place on slightly oiled baking tray.

Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins. Remove from heat and stir in butter and breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl and add the egg, Parmesan, tomato, mozzarella, basil, and 3 tbls water. Stir well and season.

Fill peppers with stuffing, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and bake for 40-45 mins, or until the peppers are cooked through and the tops are golden brown.

Enjoy!!

2 comments: