Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve

Twas the day before Christmas
and all through the house
Not a creature was settled
No, not in my house.

The stockings were hung
But the presents not wrapped
The floor is not clean
The dishes not stacked

Meh. It's going to be too much work to finish that. You can probably get the gist of how I feel. I definitely do not have time to write a blog, but I am going to anyway!

So, nobody tried to guess what the girls first gift was, but I am going to tell you anyway. Because I am so nice like that. Here is a picture of the girls from last night in their gift!



Big huge absolutely adorable tutus!!! These might be the cutest tutus I have ever seen. Tryn calls it her "fancy" dress and Berlin thinks it is like the tutu that Fancy Nancy wears (we love Fancy Nancy in our house). The girls didn't take them off all day yesterday. Or today either.

Here's Berlin reading her morning newspaper book in her chair, wearing her tutu.



I even let the girls wear their tutus when we made our emergency run down to Cub for an emergency ham. We will have something to eat for Christmas dinner incase we get snowed in and can't make the trek up to Duluth tomorrow. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but we are prepared...just incase. I wouldn't normally let the girls wear tutus to the grocery store in a snow storm, but, heck, it IS Christmas after all. Isn't it? The girls were adorable walking around Cub in their tutus. No less than 10 people stopped to tell the girls how cute their skirts were and when we were walking across the parking lot a guy rolled down his truck window to yell me, "Those are perfect Christmas dresses!"

And I am feeling very sentimental about this sweet girl today. I don't know if it is because this is my fourth Christmas with her, the fact that she is going to start having Christmas memories, or the fact that she is just so darn excited about today and tomorrow, but I am just feeling that feeling. Like when I look at her my heart wants to burst and while I was eating breakfast and listening to her talk about Christmas I actually started to cry. And I am not an extremely emotional person. She is just getting so big. And beautiful. The funniest thing to me right now is that Tryn has no concept of life after Christmas. She keeps asking me, "Mom, what are we going to do after Christmas?" Like Christmas ends and the world ends. How could we go back to regular life after something so great?



Last night when I was putting Tryn to bed she asked me what we were going to do today and I said, "Well, we are going to make cookies for Santa! And open a present! AND, it's going to snow all day!!" You should have seen how big her eyes got. It's hilarious because she just thinks that's what happens on Christmas, it snows! Of course.

And we did bake some cookies for Santa. I cheated and just bought the pre-made dough during our grocery run though, because I am that kind of mom. And I may or may not have snapped this picture of Berlin eating a huge spoonful of frosting before I told her to stop, because I thought it was so cute, and because I am that kind of mom.




AND, I may or may not have gotten this huge box of assorted dark chocolates at the store this morning too. Just incase. There may or may not already be one missing. Because I am that kind of mom.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

precious. I LOVE the tutu's. And that picture of Tryn is so beautiful!

omabear said...

Cute picture's, Precious : )
Box of CHOCOLATE : ) YUM : )

jessica w. said...

i get the impression that you are a rad mom :)

Tonya said...

I resonnate with your comments about Tryn...4th Chrismas with her and all that. It is crazy how being a mom can make your heart hurt in all the best ways.

Merry Christmas to you Friend, because you are THAT kind of mom!

amy + ryan said...

Oh, I've loved catching up on your blog! I miss your sweet girlies. (Also, love Tryn's apron.) :)