Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Favorite Part, Part 1

I forgot to tell you one of my two favorite parts about Berlin's birthday!! It was great celebrating "my bertday" with a two year old, having a fun party with almost all my family (one missing brother), eating Edy's Slow Churned Thin Mint ice cream, those were all great things for sure. However, none of those things were my favorite part of the day. One of my favorite parts of Berlin's birthday was this:

And this:

And this:

And this:

This girl was a perfect older sister on her little sister's two year old birthday. She got to be the present giver and so she brought Berlin each and everyone of her presents. She didn't whine, complain, or even ask, "Where are my presents?" She sounded like a little grownup, saying things like, "Look Berli! You got this! Isn't that so fun?" If at all possible for a 3 1/2 year old, it seemed like she was truly excited for Berlin and understood the concept that "Today is Berlin's birthday, your birthday will be in a few months and you will get presents then." She didn't start any fights, she didn't whine about anything, she didn't tease anyone, she played great with all her cousins, she was a perfect angel. She even let her two year old little cousin Tyvan repeatedly throw a balloon in her face and pretend to be surprised, which made him laugh hysterically. She was such a big girl on that day. I am so proud of her for being such a gracious and loving big sister, she is SUCH a good kid.

(Stay tuned for my second favorite part of the birthday day!!)

2 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

Tryn rocks. Her face is always so sweet in pictures!

Anonymous said...

Awesomeness personified!! Way to go, Tryn!