Thursday, April 22, 2010

An Unfortunate Accomplishment

Some mornings, when we all get up early enough and aren't totally running behind, I take time to make some eggs and toast for breakfast. (A lot of mornings, when we are really in a hurry, we eat cereal quick or breakfast bars and fruit in the car.)

So, I am standing at the stove and I heard the girls bedroom door creak open. Tryn comes out, stands in the hallway for a minute (I can see her from the stove this whole time, but she doesn't notice me), and then goes back into her room.

Then I hear, "Oh, Berli! Oh, come on!! You can do it!! Look at you!" really nice words of encouragement from Tryn. And I start to get a sinking feeling.

A second later I hear Berlin's little voice pipe in, with the pride of accomplishment fully present, "I did it!" Further sinking feeling.

Just then, Steve walked out of the bathroom and Tryn yells, "DAD!!! LOOK! LOOK WHAT BERLI DID!! She climbed out of her crib ALL BY HERSELF! She's such a big girl!"

Dang it.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Haha! I think it's cute, though I am totally dreading the day when Gabriel can do that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...and that's just the beginning. Especially the way you describe that girl, she's gonna give you a run for your money.

Enjoy these small accomplishments with her. It's the road to independence. Bummer, huh?

Anonymous said...

Oh isn't that special!
Kathy

The Stephens said...

Sorry. Isn't it crazy that what we "hate" about our girls we also "love" because it means they are strong!?

Tia said...

Super cute! I didn't think that Tyvan would be good in a big boy bed, but he doesn't get up at all at night! Nap time is a different story....they really like to feed off each other!!! :)