Monday, August 15, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Last week I had a rough day. Well, let's be honest. With all that's going on right now, I had a few rough days. However, one day Steve came home from work to find me close to putting Piper on Craigslist, free to the first person who would come and pick her up.

The following day I was sitting at the table with Tryn and she asked me, "Mom, why were you sad yesterday?"

I didn't want her to start disliking Piper, so all I said was, "Well Babe, some days are just hard days."

Thoughtful silence.

Tryn: "Well, when I am a grownup I will probably have sad days...I am only going to have one pet, a cat."

She's so intuitive. I asked her, "Why are you only going to have one pet?"

"Well, because if I have more I am going to have take care of them all and that would be a lot of work. I think only one pet would be good."

She is also wise. :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Today Berlin was hanging out in the living room while Steve was watching the news. A Mormon commercial came on, you know the ones that end in "...my names Deborah, and I'm a Mormon."

After hearing that Berlin looks at Steve incredulously and says, "She's a MERMAID???!!"

Haha!!