Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Moving Eve

You might be wondering how I am finding myself blogging on the eve of a very big day when I have a countless amount of things to do...the truth is, I don't know. I am eating Sebastian Joe's Nicollet Pothole ice cream (which, lets be honest, if they don't stop making it I am going to have to renew my gym membership! It is the best ice cream I have ever had in my entire life. Not kidding.) and trying to take a small break from the chaos of my life and my house.

Steve and I have lived here on Bryant Ave in North Minneapolis for 3 years and 11 months - moving out one month short of our 4 year anniversary. We have welcomed 2 babies into our family at this house, had countless late night hangs with our besties, Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas breakfasts...this is the home that our girls know. This is the longest I have lived anywhere since I moved out of my parents house when I was barely 17 years old (I think I moved out exactly this week 13 years ago).

Steve and I are bringing our family into our very first house tomorrow. Steve and I own a house, this is brand new for us. It's is exciting beyond words. Something that we have dreamed about for a long time. It's real, it's happening, it's tomorrow. I can't wait to start decorating!

So many thoughts tonight. So much mess. So many boxes. So many feelings. So much chaos.

2 comments:

Beth Hautala said...

Oh darling, I remember those feelings exactly. —Save that I didn't have the benefit of good ice cream to pave my emotional roller coaster ride.

Hang onto the sweet memories and box them up in your heart. They will fit right in with all the new ones you will make in your NEW HOUSE. So excited for you! Be well and well-blessed. I'll be praying over your family tomorrow, to our great God, the orchestrator of good transitions. Love you!

Unknown said...

Love this Beth, "...to our great God, the orchestrator of good transitions." I started blogging in the days before our last move. I think it is underrated how meany feelings there are with a big move like that. I have had a lot of feelings with my last four moves. It always seams to clearly mark a change in spiritual seasons which can be awesome or really awesome. It's definitely a mile stone and everything from now on will be classified "that was before the move or that was after the move." Good stuff, happy for you Heidi!