Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Berlin!

Dear Berlin,

Well, you finally turned four. One of my favorite things to do over the past few months was to ask you, "Hey! Do you know anything three year olds?" You would get this silly smile on your face, like you knew a secret, and yell, "ME, Mom!" Then I would ask you if you could please stay three for me so that I could always have a three year old and you would tell me, "Um, sure!" It didn't work though, you still turned four. :)

I have been thinking lately how very much like me I think you are - sorry about that. I sure do love to watch you though. You are the greatest story teller. I can't even describe the wonderful way you tell stories...I think I will have to try and get it on video sometime. I love your phrases, word choice, and how you add actions to explain your stories better. It is my favorite.

Your birthday was so fun! We invited some of your little friends over and you had such a good time. You waited for days for your friends to get here. Even though you were excited about presents, I think you actually were more excited about getting to see some of your friends that you hadn't seen in awhile. And this year you picked Winnie the Pooh for your cake, which totally surprised me. We started out with Diego, went to Ariel, and ended with Pooh. Last minute you tried to convince Daddy that we should switch the cake to Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, which is still one of your favorites, but not even possible as a cake option sorry to say.

I love you so very much. You are my favorite newly turned four year old in the world and I love you all the way to Africa and back.

Love,
Mom

Here are some questions we asked you today.

Favorite Color: Orange. And blue.

Favorite food: Pancakes

Favorite dessert: Ice cream

Favorite thing to do: Play animals in the bath

Favorite game: Memory

Favorite toy: My Ariel and animals

Favorite movie: Winnie the Pooh

Favorite song: The Christmas Taylor Swift song (Last Christmas)

(Steve's question) Who is your favorite parent: Mom (haha! That one backfired on you hon!)

No comments: