Friday, March 2, 2012

Kye Update

Well, Kye's update dates that I wanted to mark by writing a little bit about where is he at just come and go and I don't even notice. Oops. I took some 6 month pics of him that I wanted to post and I forgot. Oops.

Yes, they were nakie baby pics in front of the tree. Unfortunately, he was just learning how to sit up without falling over so the shoot didn't last long we had to do it the day we took our tree down. But I got a few pics that he will hate later at least. :)

Over the past few months there have been two things that changed Kye in noticeable ways. First, we took our trip out to WY. While we were there Kye had to learn to sleep in a different bed and take naps outside of his comfort zone - several times over a few different days. When we got home he was suddenly a different baby. Before we left I was laying down with him to help him fall asleep for naps and when we got home he was different and seemed much older. Because suddenly he was less dependent on me for sleep. Which was great, but just different.

Then our household was sick for a month. Kye and Berlin started it and Kye and I ended it. At the end of January the kids got a cold/fever/flu type thing and I got a cold and poor Kye also got pink eye and then a double ear infection. After he got put on medication and started sleeping for more than an hour at a time at night we all came down with a whole separate cold/flu/fever type thing. Then Kye broke out in a horrible rash all over his body and looked like he had a plague, allergic to Amoxicillin apparently. After all that was said and done, the poor babe had not really had a normal healthy day in a whole month.

Now that he is healthy, however, I think he is trying to make up for the lost time of laying around sick. He is like a different baby than before he got sick. He is super, super active and trying to get into everything. He can't crawl yet, but I can tell he wants to so very badly. I am pretty sure that if he hadn't had to lay around for a month he probably would be crawling by now. He has crazy amounts of energy.

He also refuses to be spoon fed now. Before he got sick he was eating baby food like a champ, loving even combinations like spinach, peas, and pears. While he had the ear infection he stopped eating baby food all together and also stopped nursing for about 5 days. I had some nice visits with my pump and we realized that Kye still does take a bottle just fine. When he started eating again he still wouldn't eat baby food from a spoon - at all. He would let me give him like 6 or 7 bites and then he would just close up his lips and refuse the food, no matter what it was. It took me a few days to realize that he will eat almost anything if he gets to do it himself. So over the past week his favorite foods have become black beans, tofu, eggs, egg and quinoa patties, cheese (specifically havarti), blueberries, and grapes. Oh, and he loves Kix cereal. He won't let me sneak bites of anything else in via spoon, it has to be chunks of something on his plate or he won't eat it.

So, again, he has become much less baby-ish over the past week and half. And then I realized that he is 9 months old and few short months away from turning one. I have to keep reminding myself that before he was born life was getting much easier with older kids and that I was feeling crazy to move back to baby stuff. Remember that, remember that! Because right now I am freaking out that my baby is getting so old so fast. And one really small part of me can't wait until "a little while from now" when this little last baby of mine starts sleeping through the night. I cannot wait to sleep through the night for like 7 days in a row or something wild like that.

But I will really miss the baby part of baby Kye.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still get a kind of homesick feeling missing my baby Trent when he was my only baby. But that little person is gone now. Instead I have an EIGHT year old boy on my hands!