Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Updates

Thanks for all the positive comments on my new blog look! It is definitely growing on me, so I think I will leave it around for awhile. It's nice and summery, and that was my goal in changing it, so I think that works!

Also, I loved reading all your comments on my last post about Tryn's potty success. For those of you who don't get my updates on Facebook, we had additional success in the potty department last night. Two nights in a row! So far, so good. I am still keeping my fingers crossed. I loved my friend Conni's response that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to not potty train and therefore be able to monitor Tryn's dates much easier when she gets older! Not such a bad idea! ;)

And remember how I explained the bribery of the a new princess movie which resulted in potty success? Well, I called around yesterday and couldn't find one. Then I went to a pawn shop and looked through about 1,000 unorganized DVD titles. I am not exaggerating about this. About 1,000 (give or take 100) DVDs that are not organized by title or genre, not organized at all. Flip, flip, flip, flip. I am now very good at flipping through DVDs. All I managed to find was a copy of Bambi (and a Harry Potter movie!) - Bambi does NOT have a princess in it however. So then I went to rent Beauty and the Beast at Blockbuster and they were totally out. Argh! I ended up renting The Little Mermaid, which kind of freaked Tryn out a little bit, unfortunately. The part at the end where they defeat the bad mer-octopus-lady is really weird. I think The Little Mermaid will discreetly make it out of our house and not back in for quite some time. Gotta find Beauty and the Beast somewhere.

In today's news, I just got done having lunch with a good friend of mine, Aleisha, and her beautiful daughter, Cece. Aleisha is a friend that I know from Brainerd and we actually got to spend a little time together this last weekend as well. So these pictures are actually from the weekend.



Also, I just love the fact that more and more of my friends are having babies! For awhile Steve and I felt like the only young parents around. It is just nice to have friends who really understand that it would be great to hang out until 11pm, but that it just doesn't really work so well with kiddos in the mix.

7 comments:

Kayla said...

I feel like that a lot, being the only young parents and all. The only people that I hang out with that have kids are family, and only my side at that! None of Josh and I's friends have kids, it's hard! Check online for the movie, like ebay or Amazon!

Unknown said...

Yes, but the older I get the more of them cross over to the parenting side of the street the more fun it is. Now my kids are easy and I am able to do more and the ones that can't are holding me back, so I guess it's time to start over, ha ha!!

Tia said...

I can never find Beauty and the Beast at the movie store! I have looked online and you can get it....maybe on amazon, but you can also go on to youtube and it will play movie....Brendyn liked it, but is a little afraid of the beast!!!! :)

Tia said...

Oh...and I LOVE your background!!! I could never read your blog from my phone, but now I can...yay!!!!

The Stephens said...

Oh, Heidi, those pictures are so great! Thanks for taking them. I loved having lunch today. And, I love how when I read your blog, I feel like I'm having lunch with you. You are gifted!

Anonymous said...

Cece-very,very cute :)
I was wondering who that HOT lookind young lady is, way to the right of the photo with the three moms! She reminds me of someone I might have met before :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kristina said...

Aw Cece is so beautiful! I really like the picture of the three of you and your kiddies, cute!

Little mermaid was my favorite when I was little- until Beauty and the Beast came out... that one is the best- its a bummer you couldn't find it!