Monday, March 9, 2009

Concern with a Question

So, I never gave this a second thought, but my husband mentioned something to me the other day that has me a little paranoid. He said that he was talking about my blog with someone from his workplace and they thought that because my blog is titled “Life with Little People” that I was talking about dwarfs. I guess “little people” is a well-known term for small adults…I guess I did not know this. Did anyone else think this when they read the title of my blog? It never crossed my mind, but now I am worried about it and am thinking about changing it. Any thoughts? About this or anything? :)Any suggestions for a new title? I always love reading your comments!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess that thought would not have crossed my mind. maybe people who are insecure about their height might think that....was the friend short? just kidding! i love the title don't change it! sandra k

Unknown said...

When I first read your blog it did cross my mind, as I have heard the term little people used in that way before. Since then, I haven't thought about it. I think that it's probably fine unless your readership grows exponentially and people start saying something about it. Also, I don't think the term midget is really acceptable. I just confirmed that at www.lpaonline.org.

Unknown said...

I like your title and it never crossed my mind. Anyone who might think of taking it wrong would only need to read two lines into any of your blogs to know you would never write to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. I think you should leave it and although I can't speak on behalf on any truly 'little people' I am only 4'11'' and 3/4 so I think my vote should count for double. Amy

Sara said...

Is he for real?

I knew immediately that it meant your kids. Plus the explanation with the title says it right there. :-)

Trish said...

mmm i did not think that either, because i knew which kind of little people you lived with (steve not included). would you have a problem with people thinking you were connected with the other kind of little people?? ;). jk, jk...

amy + ryan said...

hmm... honestly, i did think that - although in no way did i think you were being offensive (because i know that "little people" is not an offensive term for people with dwarfism. i may be more familiar with this term than many - i have actually logged some quality time www.lpaonline.org.) but, of course, because i know you and your little people, i knew which little people you were talking about. :)

but, now, here's a funny blog! http://little-people.blogspot.com/

Trish said...

ames, why have you spent time on that site, were you just curious? or do you know some people with dwarfism? i'm curious. also i'm curious if i'll get an answer on heidi's blog (sorry to use your blog heidi)... ;)